Nanyang Technological University(Research Fellow and Research Associate招聘)

sunny280808

RF: A candidate for a Research Fellow position is sought, who will be placed in a project on Air Traffic Flow Management project, which is expected to start in January 2014 and last three years. The candidate is expected to have a PhD degree in the areas of operations research and/or control with a strong background in mathematical modelling, operation planning, scheduling and control with substantial knowledge on optimization methods (in particular, mathematical programming methods) and relevant computational tools. Past experience in (air) traffic management will be a plus. The candidate is expected to undertake research on modelling a large air traffic flow network, and developing computationally efficient route planning and scheduling algorithms, which can be either easily converted back to individual flight plans fitting in the current ATFM framework, or implementable in a ground breaking new flow management framework that is technologically feasible within 5-10 years. The salary is competitive including a base salary and an annual performance bonus, and proportional to the candidate's research experience. The first contract is for one year, and can be renewed up to three years. An interested candidate may send his/her CV, a list of publications with relevant journal impact factors, and a list of at least two references to me via my email address atrsu@ntu.edu.sg.

RA: A candidate for a Research Associate position is sought, who will be placed in my project on Air Traffic Flow Management project, which is expected to start in November 2014 and last three years. The candidate is expected to have a Master degree or above in software engineering or a compatible field with a strong background in simulation development for complex systems. The candidate is expected to closely collaborate with researchers in Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to create realistic simulations (possibly based on existing simulation tools such as AirTop or FACET) to test and evaluate the effectiveness of new ATFM algorithms and enabling technologies developed in this project, and investigate feasibility of integrating them into the current ATFM system running by CAAS. Past experience in mathematical modelling and optimization methods (in particular, those related to traffic simulations) will be a plus. The salary is competitive including a base salary and an annual performance bonus, and proportional to the candidate's research experience. The first contract is for one year, and can be renewed up to three years. An interested candidate may send his/her CV, a detailed description of past projects on complex system simulation, a list of publications with relevant journal impact factors (if applicable), and a list of at least two references to me via my email address atrsu@ntu.edu.sg.

Application Procedure:

Interested candidates please send your application materials to:

Prof Rong Su
S1-B1b-59, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
Singapore 639798

Please clearly specify in your application which position is applied for.

E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: rsu@ntu.edu.sg

Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.

Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.