2015年秋美国博士/博士后招聘——机械/物理/电子/材料/力学等学科

古城旧墙

余老师现有几个2015年秋的博士招生名额,机械、物理、电子等专业的同学可以考虑(同时也招聘相关专业的博士后)。余老师课题组主要从事微纳米、柔性电子器件和软物质等方面的研究,与黄永刚教授和John Rogers教授等课题组有深度的合作。目前已在Nature Communications、AFM和AM等顶级期刊发表文章多篇。具体详细内容请大家到余老师网站了解,也可以直接联系余老师(请勿站内)。

I currently have multiple PhD openings for Fall 2015. The student will join my research group at University of Houston. My group is primarily affiliated with Department of Mechanical Engineering, and adjunct in Materials Science and Engineering, and Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments. The candidates are expected to have experience in data acquisition, labview, circuit, PCB, hardware, semiconductor, 2-D materials, etc.

My group research is very interdisciplinary, by crossing the edges of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, etc. One major research direction is stretchable/flexible electronics, a novel format electronic system that can be stretched, bent, twisted and folded. Stretchable/flexible electronics can have very broad applications that are impossible for hard, planar integrated circuits that exist today. Examples range from smart medical devices, flexible display, to soft robotics, structural health monitors and inspection systems. Another direction is mainly related to nano/micro materials and devices fabrication and characterization, driven by applications in advanced nano-electronics, photonics, nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS), etc. The target of this research mostly performed by experiments aims at solving modern challenges in electronics, healthcare, energy, etc.

For more information of our research, please visit http://yu.me.uh.edu/ . If you are interested, please contact: cyu15@uh.edu, with your CV, copies of transcripts, representative publications, and contact information of 3 references.