Only you can save the world

童心
Only you can save the world
Many people now say that protecting the environment is the most important issue affecting the human race.They say that everyone needs to change the way they think about the world if we are to survive.But how can individuals make a difference?
Another day,anothe delegation.This October it is the environment that has brought the leaders of several Chinses cities to the UK.They will attend seminars and tour the country finding out how their counterparts in Britain are tackling their problems.They will go home with useful ideas and business contacts.
It is important to have an international response to environmental problems because it is an international affair.Air pollution does not stop at the borders between countries.And dit is just as important that teh West is seen to be co-operating on equal terms with the developing world.After all,the West only became worried about the environment after it became wealthy.Now that people in developing countries are getting their share of the benefits of consumer society it suddenly becomes a big issue.So what are people in the West doing to save the world?
In Britain,some of them are planting trees.This November,thousands ofpeople will take part in National Tree Council.But Why bother?
"Trees are the longest-lived organisms on earth."says a spolesman."They are a bautiful and precious part of our natural heritage.Without them our landscape would be desolate .But a treeless landscape means the loss of far more than beauty.Many of our wild animals loss of far more than beauty.Many of our wild animals and plants depend on trees for their existence,and woodland supports a larger number of breeding bird species than any other habitat in Britain."
The Tree Council points out that over 45 per cent of Britain's natural woods and forests have been lost to development and disease over the past 50 years.So their enthusiasm may seem strange at first,but it is also necessary.In the UK and much of the world,greenawarenesss spreads through single issue organization .People start by campaigning for the thing that is closest to their heart.Then they make the connection with other environmental issues.
There are many similar organizations in the UK,People who want to promote organic farmng join the Soil Association.If you care agout our feathereed friends,then the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds is the organization for you.There are "protect leagues"for dogs and cats.And those who caree about the countruside in general can join the National Trust or the Council for the Preservation of Rural England.
What king of people take up environmental causes?"I was working in a bank and bored out of my mind.Then I heard about a group called the British Trust or for Conservation Volunteers(BTCV)who were organizing a working holiday where people were learning how to manage woodland,so I went along."
That was 15 years age.Alan Marchant is now a Regional Development Manager ffor th BTCV.It works as a co-ordinating agency,matching environmental work that needs doing with volunteers who want to do the jobvs,giving them advice and training when necessary.There are projicts across the UK and Europe.one week a volunteer might be fighting soil erosion on the east coast of England.The next week he might be making a park out of derelict land in leeds,Manchester or another big city.And the third week he might be counting wolves in the forest of Poland.
"We get all sorts of peoople coming along.Some have a high level of education and want to make a career in conservationn.Others just lidke the countryside or they are just plain bored,"says Alan.He says that the numbers of volunteers are growing.The BTCV now also supports local groups who want to do something about a problem in their area.
It is easty to feel powerless in the face of overwhelmin evcironmental problems.The fact that the Amazon rainforesst is being destroyed is terrible.But what can I do about it?And agreements about frel emissions and cleam technology are decided at the highest level,not in the local community.
Joining a gruop of environmental volunteers helps people feel less isolated.Apart from the actual work that they do,they also beging gto learn more about green issues.They think about how the things they buy are made.They change their behaviour.They become better informed people with a greater understanding of how the world actually woeks.And a well-informed public is necessary for real progress on environmental protection to be made.
All this can lead from one weelend spent getting your hands dirty."Yes alan."At first:I just went along to BTCB because I was raised near the countryside sand I leked it.But as tioe went on,Iunderstood more about te kind of life I want and need to live ."Some call this "active citizenship."YOUdon't have to plant a tree to ba an active citizen.But you do need to plant a seed.
pick by 《21ST CENTURY》

无论这个世界如何变化,我时刻保持一颗不变的心。
limsun003
听说,环境问题是被那些人刻意夸大的,目的是为了带动某些产业发展

kxmdshmhdhcx
zhy

前几天看到一篇报道说,科学家发现全球气候变暖从15年前开始就已经停止了。

减少碳排放的新技术都在欧美的手上,他们为什么要鼓吹气候变暖呢?!

limsun003 #3
听说,环境问题是被那些人刻意夸大的,目的是为了带动某些产业发展

很多时候,我们侥幸的绝处逢生;很多时候,希望再现,可是我们已经坠落山崖;希望也许给了我们坚持的理由,绝望却让我们得以重生。
有种你来打我啊
只有你能救世界
现在很多人说,保护环境是最重要的问题影响人类race.They的说,每个人都需要改变方式,他们对世界的看法,如果我们以survive.But个人如何才能有所作为?
另一天,10月anothe delegation.This的环境带来了几种Chinses城市,UK.They的领导人将出席研讨会,并参观国家,找出他们在英国的同行是如何解决他们的problems.They回家有用的思想和业务往来。
重要的是,国际社会应对环境问题,因为它是一个的国际affair.Air污染不会停止的边界之间countries.And DIT同样重要的是西德被认为是在平等的条件下与合作所有发展中国家world.After,西方才开始担心环境后,它成为wealthy.Now,发展中国家的人民得到他们的消费社会的利益中的份额,它突然成为一个大的的issue.So什么人在做西拯救世界吗?
在英国,其中一些种植trees.This十一月,成千上万人参加将在全国树Council.But何苦呢?
“树木是地球上寿命最长的生物。”一个spolesman。“他们是我们自然heritage.Without我们的景观将是荒凉bautiful和宝贵的一部分,但1寸草不生的景观意味着更多的损失远远超过美。许多野生动物的损失远远超过我们的野生动物和植物beauty.Many取决于其存在的树木,林地支持较大的繁殖鸟类的数量比任何其他栖息在英国。“
树会指出,英国的天然森林和森林占45%以上,已失去了发展和在过去的50 years.So他们的积极性可能乍一看奇怪的疾病,但它也necessary.In英国和许多世界,通过单一的问题,组织greenawarenesss利差,人们开始为竞选的最接近他们heart.Then的的的事情,他们与其他环境问题的连接。
在英国有很多类似的组织,以促进有机farmng的人谁不想加入你关心我们feathereed朋友agout的土壤Association.If,然后在英国皇家鸟类保护协会是为贵方组织的“保护联盟”为狗和cats.And那些谁对一般countruside CAREE的可以加入国民信托或英格兰乡村保护委员会。
什么样的人王环境的原因吗?“我在银行工作和无聊的我mind.Then的,我听说过一个叫做英国信托组或为保护志愿者(BTCV)人组织人学习工作假期如何管理的林地,所以我跟着去了。“
这是15年age.Alan马尔尚是区域发展经理ffor日BTCV.It工程作为一个协调机构,配套的环保工作,需要做想要做的jobvs与志愿者,让他们的咨询和培训,必要时。有英国和Europe.one周上的projicts志愿者可能会争取在东海岸的土壤侵蚀他的England.The下周可能使废弃的土地公园在利兹,曼彻斯特或另一大city.And的第三一周他可能会被计算在波兰的森林狼。
“我们得到各种的peoople未来along.Some所有有高水平的教育,并想在conservationn.Others事业刚刚lidke农村或他们只是普通的无聊,说:”Alan.He说,志愿者人数growing.The,BTCV现在还支持谁想要做的东西在他们的地区问题的本地组。
它是easty的,感到无能为力的面对亚马逊rainforesst被销毁overwhelmin evcironmental问题。事实上,是terrible.But我能做些什么呢?有关frel排放和cleam技术协议的最高水平决定的,而不是在当地社区。
加入环保志愿者的同构群有助于让人觉得不太isolated.Apart从实际工作中,他们这样做,他们也的巨头GTO了解绿色issues.They中的更多资讯。想想如何,他们买的东西是made.They改变其behaviour.They成为更好知情的人是一个怎样的世界实际上woeks.And消息灵通的公众更好地理解真正的环保方面取得进展所必需的。
这一切都可能导致从一个weelend花让你的手脏“是艾伦。”起初,我刚走到一起BTCB因为我提出我leked花掉。作为tioe去附近的乡村砂,Iunderstood有关TE一种更我想要的生活和需要的生活。“这种”积极的公民。“YOUdon't种一棵树,你需要种植的种子予BA活跃citizen.But一些呼叫。
接由“21世纪”
-----------------------------------------
不客气...
误入凡间
I cannot save the world, and the world cannot save me ,either.

伱卟懂姊做の亊,伱ゐ伱懵懂。